Westlie Ford is searching for friendly customer oriented individuals to join our team! Westlie Ford, owned by Bud Clary Auto Group is a family owned and operated auto dealership with locations throughout Washington. We offer competitive employee benefits, 401K, paid holidays, paid time off.
The Service adviser sells and schedules needed automotive work in the service department at Westlie Ford
- Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
- Writes up customer’s vehicle problems accurately and clearly on repair order.
- Test drives the vehicle with customer as needed to confirm the problem or refers to test technician.
- Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service.
- Advises customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts.
- Establishes “promised time.” Checks with dispatcher, if necessary.
- Obtains customer’s signature on repair order; provides customer with a copy.
- Establishes customer’s method of payment. Obtains credit approval, if necessary.
- Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Implements and maintains a service marketing program.
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed, and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriate..
- Keeps service department forms, menus and pricing guides up-to-date.
- Explains completed work and all charges to customers.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
- Inspects all vehicles for body work, informs customer if work is needed, and provides an estimate for body work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening
- Must have valid driver’s license, and driving record that meets company standards
Bud Clary Auto group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.The Company is committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, sex, disability, and any other status protected by State or Federal law. These factors will not be considered in any aspect of a person’s employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff and/or any other term or condition of employment. The Company’s commitment to providing a harassment-free environment includes conduct by vendors, contractors, and other non-employees.