An experienced technician is responsible for performing vehicle repairs and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Diagnoses vehicle problems based on customer complaints and inspection
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order
- Road test vehicles to quality check work performed
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins
- Inspects and test drives newly delivered vehicles for obvious damage and missing major components and drivability functions
- Installs optional equipment specified by the customer or dealer
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor
- Ensures that customers’ cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle
- Keeps shop area neat, clean and organized
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older and be authorized to work in the U.S
- Must have a valid driver license
- Must have a professional appearance
- Must have experience driving both automatic and manual transmissions
- Advanced mechanical skills
- I-CAR certificate of advanced training (preferred)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- ASE certifications (preferred 4+)
- Dealer certification(s)
- Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bud Clary Auto group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.The Company is committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, sex, disability, and any other status protected by State or Federal law. These factors will not be considered in any aspect of a person’s employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff and/or any other term or condition of employment. The Company’s commitment to providing a harassment-free environment includes conduct by vendors, contractors, and other non-employees.
Job Type: Full-time
- Service Technician: 3 years (Preferred)
- Auburn, WA (Preferred)
- United States (Required)