- Inject grease into units, such as springs, universal joints, and steering knuckles, using hand or compressed-air powered grease gun.
- Inspect fluid levels of steering gear, power steering reservoir, transmission, differential, rear axle housings, and shackles.
- Check air pressure of tires.
- Lubricate moving parts with specified lubricants.
- Drain oil from crankcase and refill with required amount of oil.
- Spray leaf springs with lubricant, using spray gun.
- Add water to radiator and battery.
- Replace oil and air filters.
- Sell lubrication and safety inspection services and maintain related records on regular customers, following up periodically with telephone, mail, or personal reminders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Documents all work performed on the repair order.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs as assigned by service manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicants must be 18 years or older and be authorized to work in the U.S., have a valid driver license and professional appearance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent. Knowledge of vehicle systems and technical resources. Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record per company standards. Manual dexterity. Good judgment. Exceptional customer service skills.
Bud Clary Auto group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The Company is committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, sex, disability, and any other status protected by State or Federal law. These factors will not be considered in any aspect of a person’s employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff and/or any other term or condition of employment. The Company’s commitment to providing a harassment-free environment includes conduct by vendors, contractors, and other non-employees.