- Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information.
- Writes up customer’s vehicle problems accurately and clearly on repair order.
- Test drives the vehicle with customer as needed to confirm the problem or refers to test technician.
- Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service.
- Advises customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts.
- Establishes “promised time.” Checks with dispatcher, if necessary.
- Obtains customer’s signature on repair order; provides customer with a copy.
- Establishes customer’s method of payment. Obtains credit approval, if necessary.
- Notifies dispatcher of incoming work.
- Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Implements and maintains a service marketing program.
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriate.
- Ensures that vehicles are parked in assigned areas. Makes sure they are locked and all keys are marked and put away correctly.
- Keeps service department forms, menus and pricing guides up-to-date.
- Explains completed work and all charges to customers.
- Implements a quality control process to eliminate comebacks.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
- Inspects all vehicles for body work, informs customer if work is needed, and provides an estimate for body work.
- Supervises all cleaning and prepping of new and used vehicles.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent
- Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bud Clary Auto group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The Company is committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, sex, disability, and any other status protected by State or Federal law. These factors will not be considered in any aspect of a person’s employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff and/or any other term or condition of employment. The Company’s commitment to providing a harassment-free environment includes conduct by vendors, contractors, and other non-employees.